Recent Meta-studies are indicating:
- Learning saves time without decaying learning benefits
- E-Learning minimizes travel costs
- E-Learning minimizes time away from work
- E Learning is cost effective
- E Learning can better meet the needs of geographically diverse employees
- E-Learning provides more consistent course delivery
- E-Learning can offer more individualized instruction
- E-Learning achieves consistently better learning results than traditional learning
- Training results in less employee turnover
- Customer satisfaction increases with employee training
In 2008, IKEA, world leader in design and retail sale of furniture and decorative objects has set up a training e-learning program to train its managers on the concept of “Discover the IKEA Concept.” Training time was reduced from 14 days to 7 days and the number of trainers from 18 to 2.
One way to increase ROI and decrease expenses may be by implementing technology based training (e-learning).